Fabrication and Welding:
- IIW/EWF Welding Engineer
- BS EN1090 Accreditation
- Qualified Procedures to ISO 15614, ASME IX, AWS D 1.1, NACE
- Coded, experienced, locally based welders
- Large and small fabrications
- Workshops and site works
- Precision engineering workshop with NC milling & lathes, slotting machine, multi-head drilling.
- Hydraulic engineering including design and manufacture of systems, swaging up to 350 bar, flushing and maintenance of systems.
- Engineering inspection including valves, shafts, seals and complex systems.
- Planned preventive maintenance
Surface Preparation and Coatings:
- Shot blasting and Coatings
- Vapour Blasting
- Thermal Zinc/Aluminium Spraying
- Experienced in Specialist coatings - Tank coatings/Heated paint lines
- Resin Flooring and Deck Coating Systems
- Industrial Cleaning
- CAD - 2D and 3D modelling
- Welding NDT - Visual, MPI, LPI
- Pressure Testing
- Ultrasonic Thickness Inspection
- Load Testing and Crane Inspection
- Fire Extinguisher Servicing
- Stability services - lightship checks, incline experiments, SIBs
- 3D laser scanning (Leica RTC 360)
- Electrical monitoring
- Lift planning - including in-house appointed persons
- Slipways: Covered slipway 350T capacity, Lerwick, Uncovered slipway 350T capacity, Scalloway
- HSE and ADC registered diving contractor
- Marine Projects including Jetty Maintenance (SVT)
Malakoff received a grant from the Department of Transport’s 2021 Transport Research and Innovation Grants (TRIG) for the ‘Small Zero Emission Vessel’ project, which aims to design and build a small catamaran suited for workboat, harbour, inland waterway and U10m fishing duties. The project aims to produce a fully electric vessel with no emissions producing power systems onboard. The vessel would be used as a demonstrator for replacement of existing vessels, thus allowing the reduction of the environmental impact of the local fleet. Malakoff is a part of the Norn Alliance, which is a joint venture between the engineering companies in Shetland to enhance Shetland’s supply chain for offshore wind opportunities. Malakoff is a founding member of the Shetland Net Zero Energy Forum.